Photobucket
English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Genghis Khan Quotes

“If my body dies, let my body die, but do not let my country die.”
Genghis Khan
“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”
Genghis Khan
“The Root of Wild Madder”
Genghis Khan
“It is not sufficient that I succeed – all others must fail.”
Genghis Khan
“As my calling is high, the obligations incumbent upon me are also heavy; and I fear that in my ruling there may be something wanting.”
Genghis Khan
“Heaven grew weary of the excessive pride and luxury of China… I am from the Barbaric North. I wear the same clothing and eat the same food as the cowherds and horse-herders. We make the same sacrifices and we share.. our riches. I look upon the nation as a new-born child and I care for my soldiers as though they were my brothers.”
Genghis Khan
“I will rule them by fixed laws so that rest and happiness shall prevail in the world.”
Genghis Khan
“If unable to abstain from drinking, a man may get drunk three times a month; if he does it more than three times he is culpable; if he gets drunk twice a month it is better; if once a month, this is still more laudable; and if one does not drink at all what can be better? But where can I find such a man? If such a man were found he would be worthy of the highest esteem.”
Genghis Khan
“A man’s greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs, to hear the weeping of those who cherished them.”
Genghis Khan
“Perhaps my children will live in stone houses and walled towns – Not I”.
Genghis Khan
“With Heaven’s aid I have conquered for you a huge empire. But my life was too short to achieve the conquest of the world. That task is left for you”
Genghis Khan
“I am the punishment of God…If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”
Genghis Khan